For Studio Members and Resident Artists, all glazes and firing services are included in the cost of clay purchased through the ceramics studio. We offer 10 different types of clay bodies.
House White Stoneware $20 • 25lbs
House Red Stoneware $20 • 25lbs
House Red Sculpture $20 • 25lbs
House Porcelain $30 • 25lbs
Stoneware $30 • 25lbs
Porcelain $35 • 25lbs
We completely booked for firing services through December 31, 2019.
At least 2-week notice is requested for kiln reservations for 2020 – call the studio (see below).
Per Piece Firing Fee (bisque or glaze)
Members: $0.03 per cubic inch • Non-Members: $0.05 per cubic inch
To calculate the cost to fire your work, simply measure H” x W” x D” and then multiply that number by the fee. Example: 5”x4”x4”=80 cubic inches x $.03 = $2.40
By The Gas Kiln Load
Firing Fee does not include technician fee.
10 Cubic Foot Geil Gas Kiln
Full load of bisque (cone 06-cone 04) $65.00 Members • $125 Non-Members
Full load of glaze cone 10 = $100.00 Members • $175 Non-Members
20 Cubic Foot Geil Gas Kiln
Full load of bisque (cone 06-cone 04) $130.00 Members • $200 Non-Members
Full load of glaze cone 10 $200 Members • $300 Non-Members
40 Cubic Foot Geil Gas Kiln
Full load of bisque (cone 06-cone 04) $235.00 Members • $325 Non-Members
Full load of glaze cone 10 $385.00 Members • $450 Non-Members
|We’re here to help! Questions or requests to Ceramics Studio Director Heidi Kreitchet or another member of the studio staff at (909) 622-0464.|
Rules for firing
- All GAS kilns will be loaded, programmed, fired, and unloaded by The Ceramic Studio’s technician.
- Artist may participate, but will not load, program, fire, and unload gas kilns alone.
- All GAS kilns can fire cone 06, cone 5 and cone 10. Reduction or oxidation.
- Electric kilns can be fired to cone 06 and cone 5. Oxidation only.
- If you would like a technician to load, fire, and unload your work in the kilns, please call to make arrangements. There is no extra charge for this service.
- If you damage a shelf due to your glazing technique or the construction of your piece you are responsible for replacing with a new shelf.
- If you damage a kiln you will be charged accordingly.
- Please show proof of AMOCA membership at the time of kiln sign up.
- Upon arrival for your kiln loading time you will be required to sign a contract.