Educators, students, and our community have a number of ways to experience the ceramic arts at AMOCA. We offer in house field trips, mobile museum visits, teen programming, college/adult tours, and family events that allow all to experience the wonders of clay. Learn more about our education programs below.
If you have questions, or would you prefer to speak with someone, email our Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (909) 865-3146. We’ll be happy to help.
Museum Visits and Experiences
Educators and students have a number of ways to experience the ceramic arts, including museum visits, synchronous and asynchronous virtual experiences, and mobile experiences at school sites. Simple and quick online booking is available, or reach out and connect with a member of our team to create your own experience.
- K-12 Museum Field Trips: Tour the art galleries with our AMOCA Educators and participate in a hands on air-dry clay activity!
- Mobile Museum Visits: The Mud Mobile is AMOCA’s outreach program that allows us to bring the experience we provide in our field trips to the classroom. Students interact with artwork from our education collection and create their own air-dry clay project led by our awesome teaching artists.
- College and Adult Museum Tours: We offer in person tours for college and adult groups interested in a deeper dive into our exhibitions.
- Virtual Tours: We currently offer a 1 hour interactive virtual tour via Zoom, guided by our education manager.
Teen Council Program
This program is for high school students with a passion for art and an interest in ceramics and the professional art world. Through weekly activities and studio sessions led by our education manager and teaching artists, teens deepen their personal artistic practice and learn about the work of the museum by being directly involved in it.
Annual High School Ceramics Exhibition
Since 2014, AMOCA has hosted an annual juried exhibition showcasing the remarkable talents of high school students studying the ceramic arts. Applications for the 2023 High School Exhibition will be accepted February 12-March 12, 2023.
Family Days at AMOCA
We welcome families to attend our Family Day events which include gallery activities and art making with clay. Family Day events occur once every fall, winter, spring and summer. Check our events page for upcoming programs.
Family Activities at Home
Bring the family together around art! We have virtual art activities you can do in the comfort of your home.
Lesson plans, materials, and rubrics, plus new materials for virtual visits.
K-12 Lesson Plans and Resources
Virtual Tour Worksheets for Students
- Worksheet for Making in Between: Contemporary Chinese American Ceramics
- Worksheet for Whitewash by Jennifer Datchuk (included in Making in Between: Contemporary Chinese American Ceramics. The artist has graciously allowed the video to be viewed online through the end of 2020)